Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Apocalypse ... Revealing ... Disclosing and Unveiling

New Smoking Mirrors:

Hardly a day goes by when I don’t reflect on the definition of Apocalypse. Once again, here it is… “uncover, reveal, disclose, unveil” and there are others as well but not applicable to my purpose and in some cases there is also the implication of concealment and covering. Revelation is also an interesting word and shares quite a few of the definitions of Apocalypse. Then there’s whether you look at it as ‘The’ Apocalypse with the four horsemen and all the attendant special effects or, ‘the’ Revelations from the New Testament. I’m supposing any number of people can spend their whole life studying these things and still not know much about them in the end. Well now… you know what? Now that I think about it, I am sure that is the case more often than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment